Country River Camp - Karuah River, Stroud NSW
This is a delightful river camping park on the Karuah River near Stroud NSW. Owned by Keith & Margaret Wynne, it is a good fishing spot and with shallow water swimming for the kids.
There are showers and toilets but no shops on site. The local shops are only 6 kms away.
This region is watered by pristine rivers and creeks that rise in the nearby World Heritage sub-alpine Gloucester and Barrington Tops.
Some of the attractions to see are:
- Heritage Walk
- Bucketts Way and Limeburners Creek
- Stroud House
- Booral with its wharf ruins and Booral house
- Gundayn House
- The Gables
- St Barnabas Anglican Church
- Alderley House
- Stroud Gate
- St John's Anglican Church
- The Anglican Rectory
- Quambi House
- Silo Hill
- Crazy Rock aka Cranky Rock
- Brisbane to SA & Back. The Journey was just as fun as the Destination
- Short and Sweet: Our Mazda Gekko
- Innamincka and the Back O Burke
- Travelling Oz - Part 1